When it comes to your wedding band, where do you start?
1. First, start looking early, especially if you are going to need a band custom made to fit with your engagement ring.
2. Set a budget for both wedding bands and stick to it.
3. Don’t make any decisions until you start trying them on. You may think you want a plain band, but once you get those diamonds on your finger, you may realize that a little bling never hurt anyone.
4. Go ring shopping together, but know that your bands don’t have to be all matchy-matchy. If you like platinum and your partner prefers yellow gold, so be it!
5. Choose the metal wisely. A titanium ring sounds cool and is very durable, but they are nearly impossible to resize.
6. Shop around for styles and prices.
7. If you’d like your rings engraved, factor that into your timeline.
8. Have your rings polished (along with your engagement ring) so they sparkle on your wedding day. The photographer will want plenty of closeup shots of your new accessory. Invest in a pretty ring box for photo ops, too.
9. On the big day, assign wedding band duties to someone you really trust.
10. If you have a ring bearer carrying the rings on a pillow, make sure they are tied to the pillow tightly!
11. Maintain your rings by having them cleaned and polished regularly.
Originally published in Today’s Bride magazine, Fall/Winter 2018.