Think you’re ready to go? Don’t forget these details.
1. Confirm all bookings – airline, hotel, venues and vendors.
2. Write your vows and toasts.
3. Create a playlist (and do-not-playlist) with your DJ. Or create your own playlist.
4. Have your final dress fitting.
5. Be sure your passport is up-to-date (meaning, it doesn’t expire less than six months from your travel date).
6. Pack essentials (dress, tux, rings) in your carry-on. Remind your guests to do the same with their own wardrobe essentials.
7. Split things up with checked luggage. Pack half your clothes in your partner’s suitcase and vice versa, in case a piece of luggage goes missing.
8. Gather your chargers, cables and electrical converters (if necessary). These are must-have items!
When You Arrive:
- Apply for a marriage license.
- Distribute welcome goodie bags to your guests’ rooms.
- Meet with your planner.
- Do a walk-through of your ceremony and reception sites.
- Have your gown steamed.
- Get a manicure and pedicure.
- Do a hair trial, if necessary.
Originally published in Destination Wedding Magazine, Spring/Summer 2017.