Not every honeymoon has to include white sand and blue waters. Often a trip to a bustling metropolis can be the perfect way to celebrate a new marriage. And if you can’t decide where to go, New York City is always a good choice.
The flight from Montreal is under two hours, while Vancouver is five. The flight from Toronto to NYC is about an hour – as soon as you reach your altitude, you’re coming back down. So for those in the Greater Toronto Area, NYC is ideal for a quick getaway.
The first thing to do is set up home base. A nice hotel in a good location is key. The Westhouse Hotel is like a home away from home – keeping you comfy and relaxed in a city that is full of energy. The property feels like a townhouse, but with the luxuries of a big-city hotel.
The resident privileges at the Westhouse Hotel make travel super easy; some of these include a delicious breakfast served in The Terrace every morning, barista bar and beverages available all day and the “Hours of Indulgence,” featuring light snacks and champagne every evening. So before you head off to a show, you can fill up on yummy goodies. Indulge as you take in the atmosphere of The Terrace’s outdoor ambience.
Westhouse’s location is perfect for honeymooners wanted to explore the city. Within walking distance, you’ll find the must-see attractions for NYC first-timers:
- Times Square.This touristy area is pure madness but something everyone must experience if they visit NYC. Do some shopping, or simply take in the atmosphere.
- Theatre District.No trip to NYC is complete without seeing a show. Book well in advance if you have a specific show in mind. Or, if you are interested in any performance, hit up the TKTS booth in Times Square, where you’ll find deals on many popular shows.
- Central Park.Crank up the romance with a stroll through Central Park, or maybe even a carriage ride. Be sure to stop by Strawberry Fields to pay your respects to John Lennon, take a ride on the carousel or visit the animals at the zoo. Stop by a deli and assemble a picnic lunch before you head out and make a day of it. The Park is huge and you’ll want time to explore.
- Don’t Tell Mama.If you’re looking to be entertained, Don’t Tell Mama is the answer. It’s a very small piano bar in which all the bartenders and servers are Broadway-calibre singers. They perform all night and the talent is unbelievable.
- MoMA. Take in some culture at the Museum of Modern Art. Explore famous works of art by Van Gogh, Picasso, Andy Warhol and Frida Kahlo.
After a long day, head back to the Westhouse for a nightcap in The Den – a lobby bar featuring live music and a laid-back, speakeasy vibe. In the morning, start all over again!
For more information about New York City, visit www.nycgo.com.