The city, with its magnificent Baroque surroundings, offers civil weddings in a registry office, but also in elegant hotels or popular locations such as Fortress Lovrijenac, the Sponza Palace or Rectors Palace.
- Certificate of no impediment. Get a letter or statement from the Canadian Embassy in Croatia.
- Long Birth Certificate issued in the city you were born. This certificate requires double legalization, first at the Canadian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and then at the Croatian Embassy in Canada (in Ottawa).
- Statutory declaration of single status.
- The Canadian Embassy in Zagreb will issue two documents – the ability to marry and a document regarding the recognition in Canada of marriages performed abroad.
- Documents will not be returned to you, must be originals and issued a maximum of 90 days and minimum of 45 days prior to the wedding day.
Service Options and Contacts
- No residency period needed; civil marriages mandatory.
- Authentication and Service of Documents Section, Dept of Foreign Affairs and International Trade 125 Sussex Drive Ontario, Canada. K1A 0G2 Phone: +1-800-267-8376 (Toll Free)
- Embassy of the Republic of Croatia 229 Chapel Street, Ottawa, ON, K1N 7Y6