Want to spend your honeymoon on what many think is the world’s most beautiful and romantic island? Bora Bora, one of Tahiti’s 118 islands, is in French Polynesia and is home to lush mountains, great beaches and turquoise waters. If you have the money and are up for a little adventure, then Bora Bora could be your perfect honeymoon destination.
Enjoy scuba diving and snorkeling year-round. The coral surrounding Bora Bora is a diver’s dream, filled with colourful gardens and fish. If you’re looking for something to get the heart pumping, you can also explore areas with reef sharks, moray eels and stingrays.
Take a jet-ski trip around the island. This is an opportunity to view the island from all angles. The entire island of Bora Bora is only 29 km in circumference. Horseback riding, kiteboarding, biking, sailing and deep-sea fishing are also available.
Popular attractions include the ancient Maraes (temples), the Bora Bora Lagoonarium (where you can swim with sharks), and several sunset cruises. The tiny island is big on food, with several restaurants, pizza shacks and burger joints available. But be sure to sample the French cuisine, fresh fruit, fish and baguettes.
What You Need To Know
- Canadians require a passport (valid for six months after return date).
- Currency is the French Pacific Franc but Euros and credit cards are accepted.
- Take an adapter (110 V or 220 V).
- Official languages are French and Tahitian, but in tourist-heavy areas many locals speak English.
- It takes about 15 hours when flying from Toronto, with a stopover in Los Angeles.
- It’s pricy. Bora Bora is on the high-end of tropical honeymoons. Start saving your pennies now.
For more information visit tahiti-tourisme.com.