Introduce one-of-a-kind ways to make your reception the talk of the town! Here are 8 ways to do it:
- Have interesting food extras: oversized antipasto plates, cheese boards, popcorn, mini-taco stations and expert tasting stations (like scotch, wine, beer or cheese).
- Hire professional dancers who can dance with guests as well as put on a bit of a show.
- Add special effects to the dance floor. Consider options such as fog/smoke machines or light and laser shows.
- Play games: have a dance-off or put out gold hula hoops for a competition.
- Have a girls-only dance to get everyone on the dance floor. Have a gift card or lottery ticket prize for the winner.
- Display childhood photos of both of you using fun signage.
- Display pictures of all the holidays/travel you have shared.
- Goodbye rice and hello ribbon wands. Consider fireworks, floating reception lanterns, confetti guns, flower petals, helium balloons, sparklers, butterflies, glitter, horns, bubbles, bells, kazoos and old-fashioned noisemakers.
Originally published in Today’s Bride magazine, Fall/Winter 2017.