Registering for wedding gifts sounds like an exciting task to knock off your to-do list, but it can actually be more stressful than you think. It’s a big job! Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Complete your registry sooner rather than later. With engagement parties and showers creeping up, you’ll want your wishlist prepared.
- Consider what you already have. If you’re just moving in together, compare your goods. Register to complete your items, or start fresh with new colours or themes.
- Make your list diverse when it comes to price points. You might feel “greedy” asking for more expensive items, but group gifts are definitely a thing.
- Think outside the kitchen. Register for outdoor items (think: snowblower), automotive items or even board games.
- Keep going. When you think you have enough items on your list, add a few more. Guests love to have options to choose from.
- Don’t feel you have to be limited to just one registry. Consider an online registry like Amazon, as well as an in-store registry in order to give your friends and family plenty of buying options.
- Over register for the important things, like place settings. You may think you only need eight, but when one or two break and your pattern has been discontinued, you won’t be happy. Go for 12 or 13 settings.
- Avoid sale items. There is a good chance discounted products will shortly be discontinued, which may leave you with half a set of towels or bedding.
- Check on your registry from time to time. Yes, it is nice to be surprised by gifts, but if all your items are being purchased, you may want to head back to the store to add a few things.
- Register together and give yourself plenty of time, day of. Rushing through the process may leave you questioning your choices once they arrive.
Enter to win $1000 toward your registry here!