It’s showtime! If you’re attending your first bridal show as you begin planning your wedding, there are a few tips to keep in mind to make the most of the experience.
1. Pre-register and buy tickets online to save time when you arrive. Many shows offer bonuses for the first brides in line, so arrive early.
2. Make a list of must-see vendors and check out those first. Skip any booths that are not relevant to your wedding. If you are just starting to plan your wedding, look for
a venue and caterer first.
3. Print labels with your name, address, telephone number, email address and wedding date. Most booths have ballots for prize giveaways and this will save you time and spare you a hand cramp.
4. Wear comfortable shoes, bring a bottle of water, and take a tote bag to collect magazines, business cards and promotional products. Wedding shows require
a lot of walking!
5. Don’t miss the fashion show where you can see the gorgeous wedding gowns, bridesmaid dresses and men’s attire in action.
6. Bring along your significant other or a supportive friend or family member, especially if you anticipate booking vendors at the show.
7. Introduce yourself to vendors and ask any questions you may have. This is an excellent opportunity to get a first impression of the person you will be working with and to gauge their compatibility with your vision.
8. Whip out your phone and snap pics of décor, flowers, invitations and cakes displayed at the show. Maybe you can work with your own vendor to create a similar idea.
9. Review your business cards, offers and flyers at home, and follow up the next day with any vendors that you are interested in booking.
10. Many vendors will have promotional offers for the show, but you will be expected to book at the show or within a few days after the show. Prepare your budget accordingly and avoid making impulse decisions.
-By Janine Smith